About the Exchange Club
The first local Exchange Club was formed in Detroit, Michigan in 1911. The second was the Exchange Club of Toledo, Ohio formed in 1913. Subsequently, two others were organized in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Cleveland, Ohio. These four clubs were the first to be chartered by the National Exchange Club after it was organized as a nonprofit, educational organization in 1917. Since then, hundreds of clubs have been chartered in the United States and Puerto Rico, with nearly 28,000 members making a positive difference in their own communities everyday.
We are America's Service Club. From our organization's earliest days, Exchange Clubs have been unselfishly serving their communities and improving the quality of life. The diverse array of Exchange-sponsored programs and projects has made a considerable impact on America, enhancing the lives of countless men, women and children across the nation.
The National Exchange Club headquarters is located in Toledo, Ohio. Our chief objective is to help Exchange Clubs realize their full potential of community service.
Exchange, America's Service Club, is a group of men and women working together to make our communities better places to live through programs of service in Americanism, Community Service, Youth Activities, and its national project, the Prevention of Child Abuse.
Covenant of Service
(Adopted as the philosophy which characterizes an Exchangite)
Accepting the divine privilege of single and collective responsibility as life's noblest gift, I covenant with my fellow Exchangites:
- To consecrate my best energies to the uplifting of Social, Religious, Political and Business ideals;
- To discharge the debt I owe to those of high and low estate who have served and sacrificed that
the heritage of American citizenship might be mine;
- To honor and respect law, to serve my fellowmen, and to uphold the ideals and institutions of
- To implant the life-giving, society-building spirit of Service and Comradeship in my social and
- To serve in Unity with those seeking better conditions, better understandings, and greater
opportunities for all.
To contact a member of the Exchange Club of Mount Vernon / Knox County, send an email to
email@example.com and a representative will contact you right away.